When I went to drama school in London, I met a lot of new people from different parts of the UK, some from different countries. Every person I met had a similar first impression on me, and it went a little something like this…
If you were born and bred in Essex, here are a few things you may relate to if you have ever left your hometown:
1. When people ask (or guess) where you are from.
“You’re from Essex? SHUTUUUUUUUUUUP!”
2. And they then try to immitate your accent.
It’s never good.
3. When people are confused as to why you’re not orange.
If you’re from Essex…
4. Or they ask if you know anybody from TOWIE.
I mean Essex is quite big.
…but yes I may have gone to school with a couple of them…
5. Weekend shopping will never compare to this bad boy…
6. When you hear people slagging off Essex.
But then when you argue you just become more Essex.
7. When you see the ‘Welcome To Essex’ sign.
Home sweet home.
Trackbacks and Pingbacks
Trackback URL for this post: